What is Rocktape?
RockTape is a special kind of tape known as kinesiology tape. First used by acupuncturists and chiropractors in Japan, today kinesiology tape is used by practitioners throughout the world to treat injuries and improve sports performance.
While the use of kinesiology is often associated with athletes such as Serena Williams, Kerri Walsh and Lance Armstrong, the reality is that RockTape is effective for the treatment of a wide variety of problems, not just sports injuries.
What is Rocktape used for?
- Achilles tendonitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Jumpers knee (PFS)
- ACL/MCL issues
- Rotator cuff
- Groin and hamstring pulls
- Lower back issues
- Shin splints
- Tennis and golf elbow
- Pain associated with pregnancy
- Postural correction
|Pain Management (from L to R) - Hamstring Injury, Lower Back Injury, Shin Splints|
How Rocktape works?
Unlike traditional athletic tape that binds and doesn’t stretch, ROCKTAPE is engineered to mimic the human skin. This stretchiness is the secret behind ROCKTAPE. ROCKTAPE stretches up to 190% of its original length but has amazing ‘snap-back’ or recovery. This is what gives ROCKTAPE its performance advantage over other tapes.
To achieve this, we introduce a special weave into the cotton when the tape is woven. This weave means the tape will stretch in only one direction and the tension of the weave is engineered to mimic the same elasticity as skin. Together, these properties create what we call a “Bio-Mechanical Lifting Mechanism”. This simply means that the tape can lift the skin away from the soft tissue underneath the skin. This lifting capability is what promotes blood flow and lymphatic drainage.
ROCKTAPE can also be used to stabilize muscles and joints that have been sprained or strained. Unlike braces and sleeves that constrain and reduce blood flow, ROCKTAPE can provide support and stability while increasing blood flow. Thus, the tape’s capabilities make it well suited to the repair of localised muscle groups.
Rocktape for Performance Improvement
ROCKTAPE is the best performance enhancing sports tape on the market! It helps enhance performance when applied to a specific muscle group by:
- Promoting blood flow to the muscles
- Promoting lymphatic drainage
- Assisting in the removal of lactic acid
- Reducing muscle vibration
- These functions enable ROCKTAPE to provide athletes with additional endurance and promote recovery.
All you have to do is put ROCKTAPE on the areas on your body that need a little help and you can go stronger for longer.
ROCKTAPE has developed a new protocol for taping called “Power Taping”. By taping all the muscle groups associated with a particular sport, we create a sports specific bio-kinetic chain. For example, with cyclists, we tape the calves, quads and hip flexors. With these muscles taped, they become “engaged”, both mechanically and mentally.
This ensures two things:
- Mechanically the groups are linked and operate in a coordinated fashion. This ensures that when power is applied to the pedals it is done as efficiently as possible (i.e. no splayed knees, hips are balanced, etc). Also, ROCKTAPE increases blood flow to these areas, which promotes endurance and recovery.
- Mentally, we send signals to the brain that originate from the sensor receptors on the skin that have been activated by the tape. This sensory stimulation can be very powerful. For example, elite athletes are very good at pushing through pain but at some point the brain determines that there is a safety issue and slows activity. By telling the brain that there is additional support available via the tape, the brain allows the athlete to push a little harder than if he/she did not have tape.
Whether used for enhanced performance, muscle repair, stability management, or recovery, ROCKTAPE can be a valuable component in the athlete’s toolkit.
For more information about Rocktape visit their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/RocktapePhilippines