The date of 1st June was chosen by FAO because a number of countries were already celebrating a national milk day on or around this time. Since the first World Milk Day was held in 2001, many countries spread throughout the world have participated in the celebrations and the number is growing each year. The fact that many countries choose to do this on the same day lends additional importance to individual national celebrations and shows that milk is a global food.
In line with this, Alaska Milk Corporation joins in the celebration of World Milk Day by organizing the first ever Alaska World Milk Day. One of the activity that they are staging is the Alaska World Milk Day Run. Please read on the details below.
Alaska World Milk Day Run
June 9, 2013
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
- Onsite - May 11 to June 7, 2013 G/F Glorietta 3 (infront of Zara Store beside Mercury Drug)
- Online - May 8 to June 2, 2013 www.alaskaworldmikday.com
- 3KM- Child and Adult (Age on December 31, 2013)
- 3KM Family- 4 members (2 Adult and 2 Child)
- 5KM- 8 years old and above
- 10KM- 15 years old and above
Registration is non-refundable, non-transferable, and non - downgrade/upgrade.
Registrants will be receiving a race packet with a SINGLET and BIB NUMBER upon registration.
ASSEMBLY AND GUN START TIMES
- All participants must wear their assigned Bib/Race number. Participants not wearing their race number will be taken off the course and is not allowed to win. Participants who commence before his/her actual start/gun time will be disqualified.
- On the cue of a start shot, the starting line rope shall be released to indicate the start of the fun run. Cyclist Marshals and a pace car shall guide the participants along the route of the fun run.
- For 3KM Family category—family members should cross the finish line at the same time.
- Water stations will be available on the indicated portions of the route.
- Paramedics will be on stand-by at designated portions of the route.
- A sweeper (car or van or truck) shall pick-up the runners who cannot run anymore for health reasons. Marshals patrolling the route are in charge to assess the participants’ conditions.
- The organizers reserve the right to cancel the event without notice should they consider thisnecessary for safety reasons. However, the organizers will exert all means to post prior notice,whenever possible, at the race website for any change to the event details, or for cancellation of the event due to inclement weather and/or force majeure.
- No dogs permitted to accompany runners.