After my not so good performance at 32k Run United 2013, clocked 3:56 from my previous personal best of 3:14 (Run United 3 2012), I have second thoughts on running my 10km race at Alaska Run. Eventually, Noel convinced me to run since this will be my recovery run after my 32k finish a week before. Arrived at the venue around 4:30am, I am not sure if I would perform well on this run because I spent most of my Saturday at the gym (attended Body Step class and lift weights). My first four kilometers was good until I suffered side crampie (side stitch) that slow me down before approaching Kalayaan flyover. Pain subsides on the 8th kilometer, that's the time I was able to recover my pace. Official time for the 10km run is 52:11.
Thoughts on the race:
- On-time gunstart.
- New and challenging 10k route.
- Ice cold water provided on hydration stations.
- Kilometer markers are visible on the route.
- Weather is good...not too humid :)
- Plenty of race marshalls along the route.
- Activity village is well organized.
- Raffle for runners who joined the race.
- Lots of race photographers!
- Loot Bag full of Alaska products!
|pre-race with Noel and CJ!|
|runners at Kalayaan flyover :)|
|still manage to smile while having a side stitch|
|photo at the 8km mark|
|finish line with running icon Sir Patrick!|
|United Colors of Runners!|
|milk moustache booth at the activity village|
|with fellow runner/blogger|
|with FF buffs (Peter, Peejei and John)|